Friday, July 6, 2007

July 6, 2007












I actually slept until 4:45 this morning! I think I’m finally adjusting to local time. Chuck however, only made it to about 3:30 a.m. Neither of us remembers taking this long to adjust to the time last time.

Initially this morning Robert didn’t want to have anything to do with us. He came in from outside and saw us standing in the hall. At first he came over to us but then he started screaming and crying. Chuck and I went upstairs to our visiting room and they brought him in about 10 minutes later with some cookies. We gave him his juice, a banana and a piece of candy. After he ate it he started playing with his toys and he seemed okay being with us. I finally just decided to pick him up and bounce him around to see how he would react. He loved it! He was laughing and giggling which was really good to see. Then Chuck gave him an airplane ride and he loved that, too. From that point on he was very happy and he didn’t want us to put him down. I think we made real progress. The Director of the Baby House told Anastacia that Robert was telling the other kids in his group that he was getting a Mama and Papa.

After our visit we had lunch at the Chicken House close to our apartment. Then we headed over to the Green Market so I could by another pair of pants and a shirt so I’ll have more than two outfits. Yes, you guessed it, no luggage yet—or hot water.
Later this evening we’ll head over to the internet café to call home for our video chat. It makes it a little easier being away from home. After that it will be an evening of FOX News. I need to find a bookstore that has some English books because the ones I was planning on reading are with my luggage.

2 comments:

caroline said...

sooooo cute!
i love checking your pictures and progress every day-
can't wait to meet this little guy!
love, c.

michelle said...

Hi Nancy and Chuck!
I just checked your blog. Robert is adorable and I am so happy you guys are coming along so well in bonding together! Sorry about the luggage and lack of hot water. I bet it's all worth it when you go see that cute little guy. We all can't wait to meet him and have you all home! Take Care! Love, Michelle and Mike