Monday, August 13, 2007


Here we go again. We leave today for Almaty for our next leg of our adoption journey. It’s been a whirlwind since we got home and I can’t believe it’s time to go back. The final piece of luggage, the one that was suppose to go to the Baby House in Almaty, was delivered to Chuck’s office last week! All the clothes in it were wet so everything had to be washed and packed again. This time we have lots of luggage to check because of donations and gifts, but we’re carrying our clothes onboard with us.

Russell celebrated his fourth birthday on Friday and he started Pre-K today as you can see from the picture! He was very excited and a little anxious, too. So was Mom! Russell did fine when we left him and Mom held it together. Dad was a proud dad! Russell will be staying with Mimi and Poppee again with Susu helping out.

We’ll arrive in Almaty on Wednesday so hopefully we can update the blog then.

Best to everyone!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Hey, Nancy, Chuck, Russel and Robert (soon :))! I'm so glad you guys are at the final stage of the adoption! I can't wait to meet Robert, I'll be able to help out with translation from and to Russian :) I hope everything will go as smooth as possible this time. My prayers are with you guys!
Julia

Brenda said...

Hi Nancy and Chuck,
This is Brenda from the Almaty Adoption group. I was so excited when I opened your blog and saw that you are returning to Almaty for court. Can't wait to hear more. You are in my prayers. Brenda